Thursday, March 1, 2007

How to Participate in the Walk

To walk or to help in other ways, send an email to freefred@drizzle.com. Of course, you can just meet up with us along the way, but registering in advance helps us prepare. Let us know when you’d like to walk or what volunteer work you’d like to do. Also tell us what neighborhood you live in and any organizational connections you’d like to share.

We need help before, during and after the walk. Here’s our top volunteer needs:
· Outreach. Help get the word out to neighbors, schools, churches, etc. Ask friendly businesses to put a sign in their window, and to provide hospitality to walkers (restroom access, refreshments).
· Neighborhood Group support. Contact folks after the walk to make sure they know how to get involved in their local peace group.
· Walker support. Having drivers available to help get people to/from the walk, or for emergencies would be a big help.
· Media outreach. Help us connect with local media. Can you write an article for your church newsletter? School paper? Blog? We’ll help.

1 comment:

me said...

I'd like to help in any way I can. I'm available all day Thu. I have experience as a marshal and I'm certainly willing to do that, or anything else that's needed.

I live on Bainbridge Island and I'll be walking on to the ferry. I don't know Westlake Park, and I'm sure that Metro can get me there.