Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Great First Day

Thanks to the 11 people who walked Thursday. We covered more than 25 miles,through downtown, Capitol Hill, Belltown, Queen Anne, Magnolia, Ballard, Fremont and Green Lake. We continue over night and on until Monday. A few memories:
--the woman who came runing up to us on Market Street, who said, "I was having my regular Thursday beer, and I looked out the window (of a bar) and saw a big peace sign go by. I had to come find out what you're doing."
--Three differnt sets of teenage boys, who were all fascinated by the idea of our walking four days nonstop, and all of whom felt about the same way as we do regarding the war.
--The Greenpeace activist who came by to say thanks.
All of them were interested in walking. We'll see you on the road!

We've worked out some bugs in the trailer, and in communications. I hope you can come out with us for a few miles. It is turning out to be, as I had hoped, a 240 mile conversation about the war, America, and our future, with a few good jokes to liven things up.

No comments: